Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Bit Creepy

I just found this out today. I haven't decided if I like this or not. It kind of unnerves me in a way. I was getting driving directions to the place that we are going to playing paintball next, and found out about Google Maps "Street View". This basically allows you to see a picture from the street as if you were standing there. Everyone might already know about this but I couldn't pass up posting about it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

After you click the link, type in the address you want to view. Once you are there drag the little yellow man to a street that will become highlighted in blue. And there you have it. You can't see my house on it yet only the entrance to our subdivision.

What do you think about this new readily available technology?

2 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Well, I don't think that it is creepy...I think it is more amazing. But, you can see my house! It must have been updated in the fall, due to the color of the trees...I guess if I was worried about a sniper, it would worry me, or rather freak me out, but since I am NOT. Whatever, then. :D
~ Jean Marie

Anonymous said...

I found that thingy-maggig a few weeks, maybe months, back! I think it's pretty neat... but like you said Guiseppe... it is kinda creepy! :D
I can see my house too!
+Emily