Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Out With the Old, In With the New

Lately, I've been more convicted about my speech building up and edifying others. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 says, "Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing."

I've been thinking about how this verse applies to all areas of life, including chatting. "...but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today...” (in Hebrews 3:13). I think it would be a good idea to use our chatting time to build one another up in the Faith. As it says in Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

I have decided that each chat session will have a theme that will be posted the week before (i.e. a Scripture passage, theological topics, history, character traits, and current events or political topics and how they relate to a Biblical world view). I will try to vary the topics and keep it interesting, and I will also be taking suggestions. If you research the topics before hand, and come prepared, it will make the chat session more interesting! The chat will be held every Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted). I am going to be posting the chat info in a gadget on my sidebar. I will try to update it by each Wednesday or Thursday.

Cheers!

(...and thanks for helping me convey my thoughts, Lauren)

4 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Ooooooooohhhh. Very sound and theological and umm...hard. :D I'll look forward to tonight, to see how it goes! Does this mean we will have a separate time for this, or will it all be this, and no silliness? I rather enjoy some of the teasing and mischievousness! Thanks, Joseph.

Jean Marie said...

AH HA Ha HA HA HA HAA!!!!! OH! I laughed out loud when I saw you and Gabe in the swing picture! SO FUNNY! I wish I could have been there to witness the real thing...I love the boy's face on the right, too...he looks like he is thinking - "Wow! Older guys have fun on these too!". So funny...thanks for the laugh. Ha.

Joseph H. said...

I think that we're going to try to stick to the topic of the evening as much as possible. That doesn't mean a little joking around is forbidden, I just want us to try to stay moving in a general direction. Thanks Jean...

Jean Marie said...

Oh...okay. See you tonight then! :D