Saturday, June 27, 2009

How's My Costume Coming You Ask???

In case anyone is wondering how my costume is coming along for the Reformation 500, here are some chosen pictures of the process....


Closeup of my vest...


Here are my grommets waiting to be spray painted...



Here they were with a primer and a finish coat. I decided the color was not the best...
too Milk Chocolaty. I made them darker as you will see on the end result...


My Costume also has peplums. Ten to be exact. My poor mom had to make ten of them!
What a saint!






I rebound my sword hilt in leather..

And last of all, a Picture of my knee Boots.....

So, maybe this post seems a little incomplete to you?

Well I hope so!

Just you wait.....

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is a very ignorant question but I was wondering . . . is your costume colonial or reformation era?

Joseph H. said...

I think Its more... Renascence/medieval :) Just wait till you can really see it, and you will see what I mean. :D

Emily said...

It's like...amazing era. :D
We leave in 5 hours!
See you in Boston!

Rachel said...

woah, when ya'll make costumes you make costumes!

Joel said...

lol nice Joseph. the best part was the sword, is it just for decoration or can you actually use it? have fun in Boston.

Becca Elizabeth said...

I can wait to see the pictures of both your's and your sister's costume!

Have a safe trip!
~Becca :D

Laura {{* *}} said...

Count us in on the slideshow upon your glorious return!

Godspeed Family Hope!

{{* *}}

Olivia Christine said...

Why do you need a costume? ?????????

Joseph H. said...

Thank you all for your nice comments! Need a Costume??? Its more of a fun extra!
I'm still in MA visiting family, so at least you all know are flight up was a safe one.
Cheers!
Joseph