Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Sufficiency of Scripture Conference

The SOS Conference was such a blessing to me. First off, the preaching was amazing (of course)! Its hard for me to pin down my favorite speaker. A lot of them have had a huge impact on my life. I am so thankful for all those men who are willing to stand up and speak he truth. I also enjoyed fellowshipping with new and old friends! Nice meeting everyone! Of course, much more could be said, but I'm not one that writes long blog posts. :)


Cincinnati


This was actually my first look at snow in the day time!
I have to say, it was pretty much what I was expecting. :)

I tried to revive this image on Photoshop. I think it came out alright in the end....

The Convention Area

(: Is that Emily Rose??... (I don't think I even knew your name when I took this shot)

For those of who were not at the conference, this was the main room where everyone gathered. Multiply that section of seats by 6 or 7. It was mostly filled.


I recorded about 3 hours of preaching from the conference. I picked 20 minutes of my favorite audio from the conference. I think it also does a good job summing up what the conference was about. I really did this blog post to put up these two videos. Uploading the few pics I took with my point and shoot was an afterthought.






If you didn't watch it, come back when you have 20 minutes! You will be happy you did.

God Bless!

6 comments:

Kyleigh said...

That is too funny...
That picture with Emily Rose in it? It's from when my dad and I were talking to her and Mr. Brookshire. :) So that's me in the blue sweater, and my dad is the one with his hand on the table. ;) He'd just come out of the Church leaders luncheon and we were looking through the packet when Emily walked by and we recognized each other. :)


And I loved that keynote of Mr. Phillips's. Although I've read and quoted the Great Commission so many times, somehow I never quite caught the "teaching them all that I've commanded them," and considered what "make disciples" really means - so often we think of it as "go share the gospel," but it's so much more than that.

Becca Elizabeth said...

It is incredibly sad to these empty lonely blogs just left alone in cyberspace... A campaign needs to be started.. Save the forgotten blogs! Maybe ya should try to post again? Maybe?!?!?
I shouldn't be talking... Mines been dead for months too. Haha

Joy L. said...

When I first saw that I was thinking it was the Love the Church Conference.
Are planning on going to the October NCFIC conference? (Can't remember the name off of the top of my mind...)

Joseph H. said...

The marriage retreat? Yes I will be there.

Kristenea said...

God Bless you! http://valiantchristianity.blogspot.com/

Philosophical Christian said...

It looks like it was a great conference. Excellent photography. :)