Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn Adventures in the Mountains

Well, here we are on another Vacation but this time it's in Sapphire Valley! I am sitting over at the rec-center because I can't get internet in our room and it's going to close at 9:00 *looks at the time* 8:46, so you can see I don't have much time, so I'm cutting to the pictures!!!

Our first glimpse of the mountains.


Our rental car got us there safely.


Our vacation home... We got the A and the B side this time.

A-side of the place





B-side upstairs

B-side downstairs

I started climbing the mountain opposite the condo and I couldn't help but wish it was a paintball field.




Looking to the side.


Looking up!









Our first round of put-put (we usually play 4 or 5 times)




Wow... he's good!!


Concentration!!





Dad gets it in for a 3 on the last hole and that means he won!! Not really- I think he won by about 7 strokes :P




I am now sitting outside of the rec-center trying to finish my post we got kicked out of the building cause its now 9:11 :(


This is our picnic spot we come here every year!



Eating lunch.

Is their anything more peaceful than that!



Hey, we match!!



Nice color!




We ran into an old friend Mrs. Thomas at the hardware store! The funny thing about it is the Thomas family lives in Ormond Beach and we havn't seen them for about a year, and then we ran into her 500 miles away from home!!!




Well I'll try to post tomorrow.....




6 comments:

The Stone Family Band said...

Looks like lots of fun!
Where are y'all in the mountains?
~E

Jo said...

Thank you for the photos! Wish we were there too! Tell your mom hello!

Joseph H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph H. said...

Oops, in my mad rage to post before we got kicked out, I forgot to say where we were exactly :P. We are in Sapphire Valley, NC around 3500 feet in elevation, with an average high of about 75 degrees!!

The Stone Family Band said...

Hi again, Joseph!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! No, my birthday wasn't on the 14th... it was the 11th :)
It's ok you were late... just don't let it happen again JK! :)
Hope y'all are having fun!
God bless,
~Emily

Ashley said...

All of your pictures are really pretty. And I like the running theme of that Mountain Dew bottle... :)