Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Hunt For Gollum



I know that few of my readers share the same passion for The Lord of the Rings that I do, but I had to post this, simply because I am so excited about it. :) This is a "fan film" that is nonprofit, and was made by non-professional filmmakers in their spare time. Plus, they did it on a on a budget of $3,000. Everyone is going to be able to watch it May 3, on the Internet, for FREE!

If you are wondering where in the LOTR timeline this takes place, it is adapted from elements of the appendices of The Lord of the Rings. The story follows the Heir of Isildur (Aragorn), who is the "greatest huntsman and traveler in Middle Earth" as he sets out to find the creature Gollum. The creature must be found to discover the truth about the ring and to protect the future ring bearer (Frodo).

I wanted the trailer on my blog, but you need to see it in HD



Well, I cant wait for this! Tell me if you want to see it, and maybe we will organize a viewing or something. If you want to see the website, Here it is!
Cheers!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks interesting :)

Jean Marie said...

AAAAAHHHH!!! That is SO cool! I didn't even know that they were making that...or that it was in the making, rather. :) How very neat! The guy almost does look like Aragorn! :) We should do it...have a party, and watch it. :) Hey, do you know when the Hobbit movie is coming out?
Thanks for the shout-out for this, Joseph, it looks really neat!

~ Jean Marie

Becca Elizabeth said...

Yeah! We should have a party :)
It is going to be a really cool movie. Was it filmed in New Zealand like the other movies? I am just hoping I will be able to sit down and understand it :P
Jean, I think the Hobbit comes out in 2011.

Thanks for sharing this, Joseph
~Becca

Joseph H. said...

Yes I think they did a great job picking out the characters! I'm all up for a party, but It has to be at someones house with a LCD TV so I can hook my laptop up to it. :)
The hobbit is now a 2012 projection, they are having trouble getting started.
Shot in New Zealand? No, As we are finding out, there is no way to fly people to New Zealand and make a movie for 3k. The hunt for Gollum was shot in North Wales. I suppose they could have lived in NZ and shot the film, but no. :)
Cheers to all commenters!!!!

Emily said...

Wow, $3,000... I must say it looks pretty amazing, especially for $3,000.

Rachel said...

Wow this *is* very exciting! Can't wait to see it!

Olivia Christine said...

Like Emily said, "looks interesting." :)