Monday, August 3, 2009

Reformation Vacation! - Part 1

I hope all of you will forgive me for this delayed post, the previous post, problems with videos, and losing part of it, have not helped the situation. ;) The Reformation 500 was an event that I will remember for the rest of my life. There were new and old friends to meet, seminars to attend, history to be made, good food to be eaten, and superb sites to see.



Here we are at the Orlando Airport at about 6:00 am. We had to wake up at 3:00 am to catch the fight. Its hard for me to remember a lot that first day since I was going for about 18 hours with 3 hours sleep. Not recommended.


I would like to stop at this very nice picture to thank Lauren for taking all these pictures and for her great kindness in letting me use them. I made a mistake.... For the first two days of the trip my memory card was plugged in to my laptop and I didn't take a single picture... I know shame, shame.

Window Seat!


By Chance?


In Boston:

The first night of the 500....


First they introduced everyone to the speakers....


Dr. Morecraft III


Mr. Geoffrey Botkin


Col. John Eidsmoe


Kevin Sawnson...




Dr. Marshall Foster


Pastor Marcus Serven


We heard great music from Charlie Zahm almost every evening...

__________________________________________________________
Day 2


The next morning, we heard from Mr. Sawnson and Col. Eidsmoe:

Don't you just love to watch him speak?! More animation than you think could be possible....


Mr. Eidsmoe's voice is enough!

Later on, we went on our Paul Revere tour:


Waiting down below for the subway...


My first time on a subway.... that I remember...


Pastor Serven did an excellent job on the tour. It was great to be in the actual places of rich heritage.




That's my head(on the left) sitting in the Old North Church where Paul Revere's friend hung the lanterns in the belfry. Very neat to be in place where history was changed forever by Godly men who persevered.

A statue of George Washington that is said to be one of his closet likenesses.


Copp's Hill Cemetery where many puritans are buried, including many members of the Mather Family...




Me talking with Joey V.

Walking back to the subway.


We had lots of fun with the subway entrances/exits

And who could forget that wonderful singing that went on for nearly 4 hours that night in the lobby.



One of my favorite things of the whole trip, Charlie Zahm and Tad Marks...



Great song... anyone know the name of it? That would be helpful!



Well I hope you all enjoyed my little post... I've already started Part 2. I have 2 more videos and a bunch more pictures. Check out my sister's Blog... She should have her second Reformation post up soon as well. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Becca Elizabeth said...

Great post, Joe!
I really like the videos(and I think that song is Soldiers Joy?), and Loch Lomond is really good!
Can't wait to see your part two post!

It was great seeing you the other day!
God Bless
~Bec

Grace said...

Haha! Joseph posted! It's great how the trip just seems to go on.. and on... =)
The videos took a ridiculous amount of time to load (I'm pretty sure it's our computer), but they were much appreciated!

Looking forward to part 2!

Becca Elizabeth said...

Yeah, its the Soldier's Joy written by Jimmy Driftwood.....

Joseph H. said...

Solders Joy!!! I thought I looked that up!! Oh well thanks!!
I was having problems with videos loading but they seem alright now... Glad you guys like em!
Cheers,

Joseph H. said...

Oh yes, I don't remember who took the Loch lomond video.... But whoever filmed it was suffering from a severe A.D.D. attack! hahaha...

Laura {{* *}} said...

Good Riddance Hogwarts!!!
:)
{{* *}}

Joel said...

Great post Joseph, looking forward to part 2 :-)
Enjoyed the beach Thursday, we have to do it again soon :-P

Emily said...

Hoorah for R500!

Anna Grace said...

Sweeeeeeet!
Looks like there were some amazing musicians...and amazing sightseeing! :D Looking forward to p2! :)
~Anna